Everything You Need To Know about Love, Relationship, Marriage and Life.

Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

SELL YOUR SELF




No, no, no, no . I'm not asking you to go to Idumota market, place yourself on the table and put a big FOR SALE sign on your forehead, no! I mean, make your talent visible to the world.


What is that thing only you can do and do well? Bring it out, develop it, advertise it, market it and end up a star. There are some things we despise because we are used to them, but someone needs them badly, very badly. They will thank God the moment they see them because they have long been praying for them.


For instance, I'm an artist as well as a writer. I always draw for fun and push it aside. Friends usually admire my work but that is where it ends. The day a lady came rushing to my house because she needed my help was the turning point in my thinking. I thought what I was doing was nothing, but to her, it was something. She kept appreciating my work till I finished and promised to pay for it but drawing is not my major gift. My major gift is writing. I have been writing for almost twenty years. I didn't see any value in it until a friend encouraged me to publish my stories. The rest is history.

Posting on Facebook on my timeline has also changed my life as well. It connected me to like-minded people and exposed my gift to the world. It birthed www.askseunoladele.blogspot.com and we have viewership around the world.

I'm not yet where I want to be. No one can reach perfection in a day but I'm far from where I used to be.

Please take the risk, take the plunge, put your life into your talent and develop it to the fullest.

Sharpen your skills. Seek mentorship. Look for someone who is well developed in your area of interest and let them mentor you.

Humble yourself and learn from others. Read good books, join groups, attend seminars, connect with the world and exercise patience. Rome was not built in a day. You will not get there in a day but definitely if you do not give up, the sky is just the beginning.

Are you a good singer? Go for voice training, develop yourself. Are you a cook? Develop yourself. Do you want to be a great blogger? Don't just sit down and fold your arms. Start, learn about blogging and put your content online. The world needs you.

Whatever you want to do, start now, stop procrastinating and make the world suffer because you deny it your talent which it needs to be complete.

See you at the top soon. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Text Widget