Everything You Need To Know about Love, Relationship, Marriage and Life.

Pages

Thursday 7 September 2017

BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR SPOUSE!






Little foxes! They are tiny yet can destroy a whole vineyard!

There are little, "negligible" things we do in our marriages that if we don't do something about them fast, we may end up kissing our marriages good bye!


For instance, if you don't know how to appreciate your spouse, don't be angry if a nice little chick comes to snatch him with her sugar coated tongue!

I like to act fast before I land in trouble. Who wants to lose her hubby? Not me either!

I am a hard working machine who hates delegating, no, not my kitchen! I hate handing my kitchen over to anybody including, well...yes, including him.

Hubby often pities me after a hard day job and assists with cooking. He would tell me to relax while he takes over the kitchen. Did I just tell you I hate delegating my kitchen to anybody?

By the time he was through, the kitchen was a in a sorry state. Cups, spoons, plates would lie in different directions, used dirty pots littered the sink, the floor had grains of sand, the cooking table was littered with Maggi wraps, used papers, napkins and what have you. It was like a mighty explosion had taken place!

I'd stood dazed at the entrance and blamed my husband for his inability to keep a kitchen in order. My bewildered husband's grin would evaporate and coldly ask, "Is this all you can say after assisting you in the kitchen? Can't you appreciate my effort?"

"Which effort?" I would sneer. "I didn't ask you to help me cook and turn my kitchen into a dunghill! Whenever I cook, I keep everywhere in order! It is I, not you the visitors will accuse of being dirty!!!" My husband is far more mature than I am. He wouldn't argue. He would sadly continue with the cooking, dished out my meal and gently served me where I was lying all angry and sullen on the bed. He would still smile at me and engage in a meaningful discussion, before long, we were friends again. But the question is, for how long would I keep criticizing my spouse? I couldn't keep hurting him and expect my marriage to keep being super rosy, I had to do something fast!

While researching a topic online, I stumbled on an article and it changed my mindset forever!

Who cares if the kitchen explodes? That my husband assists in the kitchen deserves an award. How many men do that? Keeping things neatly arranged isn't a man's world. Men are rugged. That's why I married my gentle, prince charming in the first place.

Awww, I've adjusted real quick. I don't criticize his "kitchen weakness" anymore. I would rather go up behind him and hug him, or run my hands over his back or kiss him while cooking.

I can always clean up later. Not now that my Wonderful chef is in charge and guess what? He now keeps the kitchen sparkling clean. Isn't that sweet?

Appreciate your spouse before it is too late. Failure to do so might kill your marriage eventually.

God bless you.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Text Widget